- Poster board
- Magic marker (black, permanent)
- Deck of cards (or random numbers 0-9)
- Basket, hat, or bowl (for the money)
- Draw lines dividing the poster board into 11 x 11 squares (draw 10 lines horizontal, and 10 vertical).
- On the top edge write one Team Name, on the left edge write the other Team Name
- Have people ‘buy squares’ for $1 each.
- People write their name in any of the inside 10×10 squares (it’s random).
- After all the squares have been filled up, grab the deck of cards.
- Fill in the top edge with numbers 0-9 using the deck of cards to make the numbers random.
- Do the same for the left edge.
How to Play:
Pay out $5 for every score change. $10 for the Half-time score, and whatever is left for the Final score! Use the one’s digit of the score to determine the number (see comment below).
At kick-off, whoever has the square 0, 0 wins $5! Then when the score changes, whoever has the square for that score wins $5!
For example: if the Ravens score a field goal first, then whoever has Ravens 3, Niners 0 wins $5! Then, let’s say the Niners score a TD next. Whoever’s name is written the square with Ravens 3, Niners 6 wins $5. Naturally, the Niners will likely kick a PAT (point after touchdown), so whoever has Ravens 3, Niners 7 ALSO wins $5!
The Betting Pool is fun because many people can win money! It’s also fun because people who may not have been interested in the game, become interested when there’s a chance that one of their squares might win!
It’s always funny at my Godfather’s Super Bowl party to see some old lady (who doesn’t usually care about football) rooting for one team to kick a field goal, because the resulting score will win her $5! It’s fun for all ages, makes the game a little more interesting, and is not too difficult to set-up! So create a Super Bowl Betting Pool for your Super Bowl party and get everybody involved!
Leave your comments below.