This is a fun, random betting game for a large Super Bowl party. If you’re hosting friends and family for a fun Super Bowl viewing party, you’ll want to include this as part of the fun. Everyone (even the grandams, aunties, and non-football fans) will rave about how much fun this is. It’ll take some convincing at first. But the people who toss $5-20 into this fun Super Bowl betting game will be happy they did. Your hardcore sports betting friends won’t have an advantage. This isn’t an over-under bet. You’re not choosing sides. It’s pure random fun.
All the money put in the pot will be distributed by the end of the game. So all $100 that goes in will be end up in random players’ pockets. Grandma might win $15, and niece Lily could be the big winner with $35. Big John might only get $5, and many will win nothing. But when you see you Grandma rooting for a Falcons field-goal in the 3rd quarter because it means she’d win another $5, you’ll know you’ve just upped your Super Bowl Party level to Pro Host! Here’s how to create a fun 10×10 square Super Bowl betting chart that’s fun for everyone who plays.
- Poster board
- Magic marker (black, permanent)
- Deck of cards (or random numbers 0-9)
- Basket, hat, or bowl (for the money)
- Draw lines dividing the poster board into 11 x 11 squares (draw 10 lines horizontal, and 10 vertical).
- Pro-tip: Leave a little space on the top and left edge to write the team names.
- On the top edge write one Team Name (Patriots), on the left edge write the other Team Name (Falcons)
- Have people ‘buy squares’ for $1 each. The total pot will be $100 if you fill up the board.
- Pro-tip: Try really hard to fill-up the board. Buy all the empty squares leftover for yourself if you have to. If you don’t fill up the board it’s okay. If an empty square wins later, everyone will be disappointed and maybe they’ll buy more squares next year! 😉
- People write their names in any of the inside 10×10 squares (it’s random). Just write your name in any square. $1/square.
- Pro-tip: Fill the squares before kick-off. If people will arrive after kick-off, call them beforehand. Have them commit $5 or $10 to squares and you can write their names in for them beforehand. Remember, it’s random anyway, so there’s no disadvantage. They could still end up big winners. This is fun for everyone.
- After all the squares have been filled up, grab the deck of cards. Fill in the top edge with numbers 0-9 using the deck of cards to make the numbers random.
- Do the same for the left edge.
- Important: the numbers are filled in AFTER all the names are written in the squares. This keeps it random, and allows everyone to have an equal, random chance of winning.