Happy New Year folks! 2014 is going to be probably one of the best years of my life. Hope it will be for you too. Here are some ideas to help you make that happen:
- Drink a bottle of wine instead of that beer or liquor.
- Fast every-now-and-then. Once a week isn’t too hard. (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms)
- Buy more fruit. Eat a banana in the morning. Have an orange when you’re hungry but it’s not quite lunch (10:30 am?). Blueberries and strawberries are always good.
- Learn something. Take a cooking class, a rock-climbing class, a yoga class, or learn to code (http://www.codecademy.com/), or learn a new language (http://www.livemocha.com/learn-spanish).
- Save some money and then spend it on yourself. (https://home.capitalone360.com/online-savings-account) Then save some money and don’t spend it. (https://www.scottrade.com/)
- Call your mom and tell her you love her. Call your pops, siblings, grandparents, and a few of those friends you haven’t spoken to in a while. Just ask ’em what’s up in their life. Then listen.
- Make a plan for the weekend. Go somewhere new an hour away or more. Hike a mountain, visit a historical site, go to a different beach, and take your favorite people with you. Make a plan.
- Volunteer. Give a few hours Saturday morning to help somebody. It can be your neighbor, your friend, your church, or a local charity. Offer your time and effort.
And make 2014 one of your best years ever!